The same legal obligations exist within an Elopement ceremony, it's just a more intimate experience and we only require a minimum of 2 witnesses, the couple and myself!
Eloping in Sydney is easy – and I can make it amazing, beautiful, wonderful, romantic….. 
Almost everything is the same. 
BUT you will need to fill in a form, called the Notice of Intent to Marry – and get your signatures witnessed in the Australian Embassy or Consulate, in the country you live in – and then scan it and send it to me. At least a month prior to the ceremony.

You should also check to make sure that an Australian marriage is automatically valid in your country. If it isn’t, you will need to get an Apostille Stamp. Talk to your consulate about how to get one of those. 

Everything else can be done when you get here. It’s really, really easy. 
I can help you with suggestions of where to hold the ceremony – and point you in the direction of all sorts of suppliers,who can also

help if you need them. 
Please do not hesitate to contact me about elopements – I have a real sense of adventure and love surprises, so am more than happy

to get fully on board to make your elopement totally right for you. 
As part of my commitment as a marriage celebrant for your Elopement Ceremony, my package includes: 

• An ‘obligation free’ first meeting and to discuss your wedding plans in more detail. 
• Presentation Certificate. 
• Travel to Wedding Day (extra costs may apply for excessive travel distance). 

Are you an overseas resident planning to marry in Australia? 

Australia is such a beautiful place to get married and easy to do the paperwork.


Follow these simple steps.

1. Download The Notice of Intended Marriage  form. This can simply be down loaded from www.bdm.nsw.gov.au


2. The form must be completed and signed by the authorised persons mentioned on the form.


3. Email the signed notice of Intended Marriage to me along with a copy of the birth certificates and with divorce

or death certificate if you have been married before.


4. Make sure this gets to me at least one month before the marriage is to take place.


5. Once you are in Australian, we can meet and I can sight all ORIGINAL relevant documents, birth certificates ,divorce certificates,

 final dissolution of marriage certificates and where applicable annulment certificates and death certificates. 


6. A few days before the wedding I will ask you to sign the Declaration of no legal impediment to marriage and answer

any other questions you may have.

© 2019 CELEBRANT SERVICES SYDNEY by ohvow All right reserved.Privacy Policy